Monday, June 15, 2020

CtC Take 2!

My second child is now more than half way through Heart of Dakota's Creation to Christ.  I made a few minor changes to how I set everything up for my oldest, as I find my initial set up is never perfect.  But, the first set up is still good!

I did not buy the new Bible study.  I contemplated it for a while, but I think it would be too similar to what my kids are already getting at Awana and church.  I like the depth of Genesis for our family at this point.  So, for the Bible study/Geography binder, nothing really changed.  I did decide which travel log would be best for him and only printed those, but that is the only change I made.






For history, nothing changes as well.  Since the binder is only the HOD notebooking pages and a few page protectors for projects, there is nothing to set up differently.  I am recording myself reading the history books for my son though.  He struggles with reading a little, so I thought this would help him immensely.






Science is the main area I have made changes.  Instead of three sections in the binder for notebooking, five questions, and lab reports, I made pages for the guide covering all of those.  In the main area, the pages are printed in the order that they are completed.  Then in the back, there is an area for animal prints, birds, and plants.  Little books seem to get lots in our house, so keeping these in a binder seems safer. 

Also for science, I purchased the audio for the Apologia book.  Again, since my son struggles with reading, having the book read aloud will likely be helpful.  I am also record the audio for at least the next two books as well. 










For poetry, I have decided to not do large sheets.  We are just going to do 8.5x11 sheets and store them in a standard binder.  Larger sheets just took my oldest a long time to paint (background color mostly).  And this child has amazing fine motor skills, so he will be fine with a smaller canvas.




Here is a picture of his current material on his desk:

No comments:

Post a Comment