Monday, June 15, 2020

Preparing Take 3!

My third child just started Preparing!  This child is not as organized as the others.  She tends to loose things regularly, so I am having to keep on top of her!

This time through, I am trying just one binder without page protectors.  I have only set it up for about 1/3-1/2 of the guide.  When I go to print out more pages, I might have to take out some of the old work.  But that is okay.  Hopefully it will mean she won't have pages stuffed everywhere this way.

For science, I printed out the very simple pages I had made for #2.  Each week they have a science lab, five questions, and a notebooking page (the other day is an oral narration).  For the question day, I have the questions typed out so I can check them without the guide.  For the notebooking pages, I have some lines at the top for the verse.  This keeps their writing a reasonable size while still having them plan most of the page on their own.  And then for the lab day, I have a form typed up.

For history, this time I decided to use one of the files from Facebook.  Most of the pages have basic instructions at the top, leaving the page mostly blank.  I like this option for this child because it is easier for me to check at the end of each unit to confirm everything was done.  With four kids in four guides, I needed an easier way to make sure everything was done.

For timeline, we are continuing the baseball card holder option.  This is so much easier for us to keep and store!

And then at the end of the binder, there is room for her to store any projects.

Outside of the binder, she has three composition books.  One is for dictation, one is for grammar, and the last is for writing.  My kids continue these year after year until they are full. They also each have a journal for their common place book.

Here is a look at her current items in her plastic bin:

And here is her binder:









No comments:

Post a Comment